Thursday 3 May 2012

Juice FM

Juicy Gossip

Juice FM is one of the most popular radio shows around breakfast show host Leanne tells us her experiences so far


Adam, Mel C and Leanne


Leanne is already an accomplished actress and now has her own breakfast show on Juice FM with   co-host Adam. Their breakfast show is a big hit and continues to be as it has just been nominated for its second Sony Award. Radio was something that Leanne never expected to be involved in, but is loving every minute of it and hopes that the shows success  continues to grow.

Your radio show is a big hit what’s it like having your own breakfast show on Juice FM?
I have been on the Juice FM breakfast show for 8 years now. Everyday I laugh for hours with my friends and chat to Liverpool's wittiest and interesting people. Throw some celebrity interviews into the mix and some freebies and thats my job! Whats not to love about it? Well the 4:30am alarm call can be a bit of a downer!

How did you become involved in radio what made you decide to do this?
I am still confused when I think about my career. Radio was never a passion of mine but I am thankful everyday that I was approached to become part of the Juice FM team. I was basically leaving the Royal Court Theatre and the old boss of Juice offered me a job and that was that.

You have to do some hilarious challenges on Juice, what has been the best and worst so far?
My favourite challenge was flying a plane from Liverpool Airport I was actually six weeks pregnant but didnt know! Maybe my hormone changes gave me the courage I needed, I cant believe  I actually did it. My worst has to be abseiling off the roof of The Royal Liverpool Hospital...never again!

What do you prefer radio or theatre?
They are both so different I could never choose. Theatre gives you that buzz that only a live audience can give you, yet radio opens so many doors allowing you to challenge yourself to the most amazing experiences. I am so lucky to have both careers running at the same time.

Who is the biggest celebrity guest you have had to interview on the show, were they what you expected?
Well Take That were my favourite. Jason Orange and Mark Owen were such gents and even shared there biscuits. Boys II Men had me star struck as I am a big fan and Jessie J was so down to earth it shocked me. My dream interview would be with Usher although I would turn to mush I’m sure.

What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Winning a Sony Award last year was unbelieve, I didn’t understand how big a deal it actually was. It has pride of place on my kitchen window next to the fairy liquid and brillo pad.



No comments:

Post a Comment